Counselling West Vancouver - Addictions - Including Substances Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in West Vancouver
Langley, West Vancouver
Counselling Langley contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Langley area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Langley to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Langley consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Aldergrove, Brookswood, Fernridge, Fort Langley, Milner, Murrayville, Walnut Grove, Willoughby, Willowbrook, Nicomekl, Douglas, Simonds, Blacklock, Uplands, Alice Brown
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Langley to unselect it and choose another city.
Counselling West Vancouver contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the West Vancouver area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. The therapists on this page work with individuals, couples and families using a range of effective approaches. Regardless of whether you are looking for individual counselling, marriage counselling or family therapy you will be able to find an effective therapist here.
West Vancouver consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Altamont, Ambleside, Bayridge, British Properties, Canterbury WV, Caulfeild, Cedardale, Chartwell, Chelsea Park, Cypress, Cypress Park Estates, Deer Ridge WV, Dundarave, Eagle Harbour, Eagleridge, Furry Creek, Gleneagles, Glenmore, Horseshoe Bay WV, Howe Sound, Lions Bay, Olde Caulfeild, Panorama Village, Park Royal, Porteau Cove, Queens, Rockridge, Sandy Cove, Sentinel Hill, Upper Caulfeild, West Bay, Westhill, Westmount WV, Whitby Estates, Whytecliff
These West Vancouver counselling therapists have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Explore the information within the counselling listings for West Vancouver to get a better sense of which counsellor or Counselling Psychologist might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for West Vancouver to unselect it and choose another city.
Addictions - Including Substances
While some people can use prescription or recreational drugs with no negative effects, many others become addicted and face dramatic health and lifestyle problems as a result. Substance addictions negatively affect relationships, home, school or work, leaving the person feeling ashamed, helpless and isolated.
Physical symptoms of substance abuse and addiction are varied depending on the drug of choice, but the symptoms of the addiction itself are similar. People who are addicted to substances may neglect their responsibilities, take potentially dangerous risks and get into trouble with the law. As their drug use spirals out of control, they will lose interest in activities that used to be enjoyable and continue to take drugs despite knowing the harm it causes.
Substance addicts tend to build up a tolerance to their drug of choice, and get angry when they can't get more of it. Withdrawal symptoms are highly probable when an addict goes without it for too long. Depression, nausea, insomnia, sweating, restlessness, anxiety and shaking are all common withdrawal symptoms.
Psychotherapy can help you to overcome substance addiction by focusing on correcting maladaptive behaviors. Substance abuse is usually a coping mechanism against emotionally overwhelming past events or memories. Substances are often used to provide instant gratification instead of facing certain issues.
Therapists are equipped to help clients deal with addiction recovery through empowerment and helping them set simple short term targets. The first target is sobriety, followed by empowering the client with adaptive skills and finding new coping strategies that deal with the issues that caused the addiction. Substance addiction can be ended, allowing the person to live a healthy, productive life.
If you need a counsellor or psychologist to help you address the effects of substance addiction, you can search the directory below to find a professional with the approach best suited to your situation.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Addictions - Including Substances filterAddictions - Including Substances
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Violence (1)Apply Family Violence filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter