Counselling Vancouver - Critical Incidents and Acute Stress, LGBTQ Issues Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Vancouver, Kensington-Cedar Cottage
Critical Incidents and Acute Stress, LGBTQ Issues
Counselling for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer individuals makes the transition to living true to yourself easier. While acceptance of GLBTQ people is on the rise, it can still be stressful for some. Speaking to someone about your fears and struggles can make the transition easier.
While GLBTQ people are more easily accepted than years ago, there are still some homophobic elements that discriminate against the movement and people who form part of it.
Despite the strides made in public acceptance by the GLBTQ community, they still face many issues that require psychological or counselling intervention. Depression caused by discrimination is one of the main issues that counselling addresses, as well as religious abuse, homophobic work and living conditions, self-destructive behavior, assault, and family estrangement or rejection.
HIV and AIDS issues are serious concerns faced by gay people who might be in denial and practice unsafe sex. Some people will develop anxiety about being tested, and coping with results, while others might face the trauma of caring for a loved one with AIDS.
In the past, GLBTQ counselling was not as freely available as it is today, but the demand has risen as the community realised that it offers a safe and non-judgmental environment for people to get help. Today, counselling helps thousands of people to live freely and healthily without a fear of judgment, through specific support services and counselling that helps Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer people as well as their friends and families to live harmoniously.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with the GLBTQ commuity you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Vancouver filterVancouver
- (-) Remove Kensington-Cedar Cottage filterKensington-Cedar Cottage
- (-) Remove Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filterCritical Incidents and Acute Stress
- (-) Remove LGBTQ Issues filterLGBTQ Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Pregnancy (1)Apply Pregnancy filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation (1)Apply Transgender Identity and Adaptation filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter