Counselling Vancouver - Child Behaviour, Critical Incidents and Acute Stress Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Vancouver, Kensington-Cedar Cottage
Child Behaviour, Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
Just like adults, children can also benefit from therapy. Psychotherapy can help children develop important interpersonal and problem-solving skills that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives. Therapy can also help a child to deal with behavioural issues that affect family relationships and school performance.
Life can be tough for young ones, what with peer pressure, homework, school bullying and exam stress. A transition, such as a new baby in the house, divorce, death of a grandparent, moving to a new home, abuse or illness can cause a young child severe mental anguish.
Many young children are not equipped to deal with stress and express their emotions in a healthy way yet, and therefore they act out. Certain behaviours, though merely a cry for help, might be socially unacceptable and could have devastating results.
behavioural issues that warrant intervention include sudden bedwetting, developmental delays or regressions, significant drop in grades, social isolation or withdrawal, aggression, appetite changes, changes in sleep patterns, tardiness or absenteeism at school, eating disorders, mood swings, frequent complaints about feeling ill without a medical cause, or substance use. Therapy can help prevent, or deal with these behavioural issues.
Cognitive behavioural therapy is the most common treatment option for children with behavioural issues, as well as teenagers who struggle to cope with stress, are feeling anxious or depressed. This type of therapy helps to restructure thoughts to produce effective, positive mindsets. It is often achieved along with learning and practicing stress management techniques, coping skills and relaxation skills. In addition many other approaches are used and which one works is really a function of preference and learning style.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers behavioural psychology for children to address your child's stress, anxiety or behavioural issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Vancouver filterVancouver
- (-) Remove Kensington-Cedar Cottage filterKensington-Cedar Cottage
- (-) Remove Child Behaviour filterChild Behaviour
- (-) Remove Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filterCritical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Pregnancy (1)Apply Pregnancy filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation (1)Apply Transgender Identity and Adaptation filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter