Counselling Kelowna - Pre-Marital Counselling Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Kelowna
Counselling Kelowna contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Kelowna area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
These Kelowna counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Kelowna consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Kelowna North, Popular Point, Kelowna South, Glenmore, Dilworth, North Glenmore, University, Upper Mission, Lower Mission, South East Kelowna, Springfield Spall, Black Mountain, Joe Riche, Rutland South, Rutland North, Ellison, Lake Country West, Lake Country East
West Kelowna: Westside, Glenrosa, Westbank, Shannon Lake, Fintry
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Kelowna to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Premarital counselling is the one aspect that most couples overlook during their wedding preparations. The wedding often takes precedence over the marriage, and couples fail to plan for their developing marriages. Premarital counselling can be a very helpful investment in a happy, loving married life.
People who come from different family backgrounds, experiences and mindsets deal with issues differently. Our different temperaments, values and personalities, as well as emotional baggage can play a major role in how we treat our partners and potential relationship issues. Premarital counselling provides a toolkit to help manage potentially harmful issues that stem from our differences. A good marriage requires not only trust and commitment, but partners should also be willing to assess their own processes, rather than laying the blame on their partner.
The purpose of premarital counselling is to prepare couples for the changing dynamics of married life. While a partner's quirks may be cute and adorable during the courting days, it may become irritating as time goes by. Premarital counselling provides an ideal opportunity for a couple to explore their relationship dynamics and to explore areas of potential conflict or issues. It will help them to develop the essential communication skills they will need to negotiate conflict.
Premarital counselling will help a couple to resolve their differences in a way that empowers the individuals while strengthening their emotional connection. Therapists use a number of strategies to help develop healthy and strong relationships by laying a firm foundation for a solid relationship. Premarital counselling helps to build a thriving marriage on the foundation of two healthy, conscious partners.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers premarital counselling and couple's issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Pre-Marital Counselling filterPre-Marital Counselling
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter