Counselling Kelowna - Intimacy Issues Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Kelowna
Counselling Kelowna contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Kelowna area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
These Kelowna counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Kelowna consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Kelowna North, Popular Point, Kelowna South, Glenmore, Dilworth, North Glenmore, University, Upper Mission, Lower Mission, South East Kelowna, Springfield Spall, Black Mountain, Joe Riche, Rutland South, Rutland North, Ellison, Lake Country West, Lake Country East
West Kelowna: Westside, Glenrosa, Westbank, Shannon Lake, Fintry
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Kelowna to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Intimacy issues are common for people who fear vulnerability. Some people can become vulnerable in front of a few trusted friends, however, but when a relationship starts becoming too close, they feel suffocated. In this sense, the intimacy issues are seated in the fear of developing a deep and meaningful relationship with another person.
Two fears that are at the heart of intimacy issues, are the fear of abandonment (fearing the partner might leave them) and the fear of engulfment (fearing that they would lose themselves in a relationship), which sometimes co-exist. These fears, often rooted in childhood traumas, are often deeply entrenched in codependent adult relationships where they cause friction.
A therapist who works with people who have intimacy issues will first help you to learn to become comfortable with yourself and accept yourself for who you are. You will explore the complex past events that have created these intimacy issues and discover that those events don't have to cloud your present experiences.
This process is essential in discovering that rejection does not have to be a traumatic experience. Finally, you will learn how to set personal boundaries that will help you to avoid the fear of engulfment and to cope, should abandonment occur. While healing intimacy issues can be a challenging and somewhat painful task, the rewards are incredible.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses intimacy issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Intimacy Issues filterIntimacy Issues
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter