Counselling Kamloops - Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Kamloops
Counselling Kamloops contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Kamloops area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise.
These Kamloops counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Explore the counselling listings for Kamloops to get a better sense of which professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Kamloops to unselect it and choose another city.
Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
The area of abuse counselling includes both physical, emotional and sexual abuse therapy effectively conducted in a safe and caring environment. While not visible on the outside, emotional abuse is also a form of assault which, if left untreated, can leave lifelong emotional scars. Abusers often use intimidation to create guilt and fear to make the victim feel ashamed and isolated from other people.
● The symptoms of physical abuse are usually the easiest to see, with victims making excuses for scars and bruises.
● Children who are sexually abused will often have an age-inappropriate knowledge of sexuality and may even suffer from sexualy transmitted diseases, or pregnancy.
● Emotional abuse often goes hand-in-hand with either sexual, and or physical abuse. The victim will usually display a poor self-esteem, anxiety, withdrawal from social interactions, lack of trust, pessimism, and suicide attempts, to name but a few.
Abuse is often carried through generations, causing victims to become abusers, too. However, abuse can be stopped.
Therapists in this directory use a range of approaches to address abuse victims to deal with their fears, anxiety and feelings of shame. They can also help perpetrators to put an end to the abuse. Psychologists and counsellors utilize a variety of approaches to help victims heal from sexual, emotional or physical abuse. Couples, group and family therapy can often be helpful.
If you need a counsellor or psychologist to help you address the effects of abuse, you can search through the list of names below to find a professional with the approach best suited to your situation.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Kamloops filterKamloops
- Abbotsford (3)Apply Abbotsford filter
- Bowen Island (3)Apply Bowen Island filter
- Burnaby (16)Apply Burnaby filter
- Campbell River (2)Apply Campbell River filter
- Chilliwack (3)Apply Chilliwack filter
- Coquitlam (10)Apply Coquitlam filter
- Courtenay (3)Apply Courtenay filter
- Delta (3)Apply Delta filter
- Duncan (5)Apply Duncan filter
- Fort Langley (4)Apply Fort Langley filter
- Fort St John (1)Apply Fort St John filter
- Gibsons (1)Apply Gibsons filter
- Kelowna (5)Apply Kelowna filter
- Ladner (1)Apply Ladner filter
- Langley (13)Apply Langley filter
- Maple Ridge (3)Apply Maple Ridge filter
- Nanaimo (6)Apply Nanaimo filter
- Nelson (1)Apply Nelson filter
- New Westminster (2)Apply New Westminster filter
- North Vancouver (13)Apply North Vancouver filter
- Port Coquitlam (2)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Port Moody (9)Apply Port Moody filter
- Richmond (4)Apply Richmond filter
- Saltspring Island (1)Apply Saltspring Island filter
- South Surrey (6)Apply South Surrey filter
- Squamish (3)Apply Squamish filter
- Sunshine Coast (8)Apply Sunshine Coast filter
- Surrey (14)Apply Surrey filter
- Tsawwassen (1)Apply Tsawwassen filter
- Vancouver (108)Apply Vancouver filter
- Arbutus-Ridge (1)Apply Arbutus-Ridge filter
- Downtown (18)Apply Downtown filter
- East Side (2)Apply East Side filter
- Fairview (9)Apply Fairview filter
- Kensington-Cedar Cottage (1)Apply Kensington-Cedar Cottage filter
- Kerrisdale (1)Apply Kerrisdale filter
- Kitsilano (5)Apply Kitsilano filter
- Mount Pleasant (6)Apply Mount Pleasant filter
- Oakridge (1)Apply Oakridge filter
- Renfrew - Collingwood (2)Apply Renfrew - Collingwood filter
- Riley Park (1)Apply Riley Park filter
- Shaugnessy (1)Apply Shaugnessy filter
- South Cambie (1)Apply South Cambie filter
- Victoria - Fraserview (1)Apply Victoria - Fraserview filter
- West Point Grey (3)Apply West Point Grey filter
- Victoria (17)Apply Victoria filter
- West Vancouver (4)Apply West Vancouver filter
- White Rock (6)Apply White Rock filter
- (-) Remove Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filterAbuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1)Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter