Counselling Abbotsford - Depression Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Abbotsford
Counselling Abbotsford contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Abbotsford area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
The neighbourhoods in Abbotsford include Aberdeen, Arnold, Auguston, Blueridge, Bradner, Clayburn, Clearbrook, Eagle Mountain, Gifford, Glen Mountain, Huntingdon, Kilgard, Matsqui, McKinley Heights, Mount Lehman, North Poplar, Peardonville, Sandy Hill,South Poplar, Straiton, and Townline
Explore the counselling listings for Abbotsford to get a better sense of which professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Abbotsford to unselect it and choose another city.
Depression is the most common psychological condition, and most people experience it at one point or another in their lives.
Symptoms of depression include lethargy, low self esteem, a feeling of sadness, helplessness, hopelessness, anxiety, dysphoric mood and even suicidal thoughts. People who are depressed usually feel a lack of energy and a lack of pleasure and they may be agitated or irritable.
Since there are so many causes to depression, which boils down to a natural response to life experiences (a defence mechanism), each situation warrants a thorough investigation into the exact catalyst. Depending on what causes a specific incidence of depression, a treatment plan can be developed to help the individual deal with his or her emotions.
Some people are predisposed to depression in that it can run in the family. In many cases, it is learned when someone is constantly exposed to it.
Counselling can help a person to adapt to life changes that are causing grief, particularly with bereavement or marital issues. Systemic therapy is helpful in family therapy, where the efforts of the whole family can help the individual. Psychodynamic therapy helps a person to find the hidden psychological defences that cause problems to manifest. Cognitive behavioral therapy focuses on the problem at hand, providing solutions to day-to-day issues and finding ways to restructure negative thought patterns.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who has training and experience in depression counselling you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Abbotsford filterAbbotsford
- Burnaby (2)Apply Burnaby filter
- Chilliwack (1)Apply Chilliwack filter
- Coquitlam (2)Apply Coquitlam filter
- Langley (1)Apply Langley filter
- Maple Ridge (2)Apply Maple Ridge filter
- Nanaimo (2)Apply Nanaimo filter
- New Westminster (1)Apply New Westminster filter
- North Vancouver (2)Apply North Vancouver filter
- Pender Island (1)Apply Pender Island filter
- Port Coquitlam (1)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Port Moody (2)Apply Port Moody filter
- Richmond (2)Apply Richmond filter
- South Surrey (1)Apply South Surrey filter
- Vancouver (31)Apply Vancouver filter
- Downtown (4)Apply Downtown filter
- Kerrisdale (1)Apply Kerrisdale filter
- Killarney (1)Apply Killarney filter
- Kitsilano (2)Apply Kitsilano filter
- Oakridge (1)Apply Oakridge filter
- Renfrew - Collingwood (1)Apply Renfrew - Collingwood filter
- Riley Park (1)Apply Riley Park filter
- West End (1)Apply West End filter
- West Point Grey (1)Apply West Point Grey filter
- Victoria (5)Apply Victoria filter
- West Vancouver (3)Apply West Vancouver filter
- White Rock (2)Apply White Rock filter
- (-) Remove Depression filterDepression
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter