Addictions - Sexual Counsellors - French Language
Addictions - Sexual
Sexual addiction relates to any sex-related compulsive behaviors that are performed regardless of the consequences to the individual, his or her family, friends or work environment. Sex becomes a priority, ahead of everything else, and at all costs. It also refers to a dependency or compulsion relating to sexual acts and it can dominate the individual's life.
People with sexual addiction will spend a lot of time thinking about sex, masturbating compulsively, having multiple affairs, using pornography consistently, and performing unsafe sex. It can also take on a darker side when it involves rape or molestation, incest, sexual harassment, voyeurism, and using prostitutes.
Therapists can assist with sexual addiction by examining the person's behavior and sexual history. Many people with sexual addictions may have experienced abuse as children or adolescents and a therapist will explore those issues to help the person identify his or her thought patterns and danger zones.
Support groups have been shown to be effective in dealing with sexual addiction, though establishing a support network and accountability circle.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist to address your sexual addiction you may want to search through the list of names below to find a therapist who will be right for you.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Addictions - Sexual filterAddictions - Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter