Counselling North Vancouver - Eating Disorders Counsellors - French Language, Psychologists, Therapists in North Vancouver
Counselling North Vancouver contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the North Vancouver area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. The therapists on this page work with individuals, couples and families using a range of effective approaches. Regardless of whether you are looking for individual counselling, marriage counselling or family therapy you will be able to find an effective therapist here.
These North Vancouver counselling therapists have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
North Vancouver consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Grouse Woods, Canyon Heights, Capilano Highlands, Capilano, Pemberton Heights, Pemberton, Norgate, Forest Hills, Delbrook, Hamilton, Upper Lonsdale, Central Lonsdale, Lower Lonsdale, Braemar, Tempe, Boulevard, Queensbury, Lynn Valley, Westlynn, Calverhall, Lynnmour, Seymour, Blueridge, Windsor Park, Indian River, Roche Point, Woodlands S.C., Deep Cove, Dollarton
Explore the information within the counselling listings for North Vancouver to get a better sense of which counsellor or Counselling Psychologist might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for North Vancouver to unselect it and choose another city.
Eating disorders comprise a range of attitudes and behaviors relating to food and body-image. The three main eating disorders are Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, and ED NOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified). These conditions manifest to different degrees in different people and can sometimes be mistakenly judged as poor eating habits, or a lack of willpower.
People with eating disorders don't eat in harmony with their bodies' needs, instead, people with Anorexia Nervosa eat much less than they need, while Bulimia sufferers binge and then induce vomiting. They may also do other things to compensate for overeating, including exercising or fasting. ED NOS combines any combination of the other two conditions.
Apart from the physical symptoms and behaviors above, someone with an eating disorder will generally also have poor self-esteem and obsessively research or talk about food, dieting or exercise. Poor body image will cause them to either wear clothes that cover up every inch of their bodies, or flaunt in order to attract attention. They will find it hard to accept criticism and compliments.
Therapy for eating disorders depend on the patient. While some people respond well to short term outpatient treatment, others respond better to long-term inpatient treatment. Cognitive behavioral therapy and family therapy are long term treatments that have been proven to be effective, while group therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapies and feminist therapies work for people who will respond well to short term therapy.
Family therapy is often advised for children and adolescents who are experiencing eating disorders. Research has also shown dialectical behavioral therapy to be effective.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses eating disorders, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Eating Disorders filterEating Disorders
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychoanalytic Therapy (1)Apply Psychoanalytic Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter