Grief and Loss - Pets Video Counselling
Grief and Loss - Pets
Grief and loss of a beloved pet can be as traumatic as that of a human loved one, whether the pet had to be euthanized or died of natural causes. However, society tends to pour scorn on the fact that someone would publicly display their grief. In turn, the pet owner would try to hide the fact that they are grieving and that causes even more stress, which in turn delays the healing process.
Pets often become a part of the family and play a crucial role in the lives of their caretakers. They tend to soothe the emotional and physical healing processes of humans like nothing else can. Therapists understand that, and that's why they now make counselling services available to pet owners who are experiencing grief and loss.
It is common to feel pain, grief and depression at the death of your friend and confidant. A therapist who offers grief counselling for pet owners going through the loss of a beloved pet will have an empathetic approach to your emotions. He or she will help you discover practical ways in which you can deal with your emotions.
Communication is important, while expression is the key to healing. Whether you decide to opt for individual counselling or group therapy sessions, you will find that you are better able to deal with the loss of your dear pet with the help of therapy. It will help you work through your emotions of anger, loss and depression and in return, you will be able to also help other people who are going through the same experience.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers grief and loss issues therapies or counselling to address the loss of your pet and related issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Video counselling has grown in popularity, as it offers more affordable and convenient therapy for people who would otherwise have difficulty travelling to a therapist. Also, it offers more flexible counselling hours and is not geographically bound.
IMPORTANT: When accessing video counselling make sure you are comfortable with what your counsellor tells you about the security and safety of what they are using to connect with you. It is their responsibility to make sure your call is secure and private.
Instead of visiting a therapist's offices, Video counselling allows you to connect with your therapist from your own home, or wherever you are. This means that, even if you're travelling for business, you can meet with your therapist, without missing an appointment.
Video counselling works well for many types of psychological intervention, including relationship issues, stress and anxiety, depression, phobias, family counselling and more.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Video counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Grief and Loss - Pets filterGrief and Loss - Pets
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Prenatal filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Video Counselling filterVideo Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter