Cancer Care and Support Video Counselling
Cancer Care and Support
Cancer care and support is essential after receiving a diagnosis. Someone who has just received a devastating diagnosis is bound to experience strong emotions and they may or may not be open to talking to friends or family. This can affect interpersonal relationships, as everyone around might feel afraid, directionless, numb and shocked. A person who has been diagnosed with cancer can find inner strength to face the road ahead by speaking to a counsellor who has experience with cancer.
People with cancer often try to be strong for their loved ones, despite the fear they themselves face. At the same time, relatives tend to be afraid of expressing their own thoughts and feelings. The load can be minimized for both the cancer patient and his or her family by speaking to a psychologist.
The general consensus is that a positive attitude is essential for fighting cancer, and while that is a great tool, it can do more harm than good. It implies that people who lose the battle against cancer were negative. Unfortunately, the positive attitude analogy leaves no room for exploring anxiety and fear, or the grief commonly associated with a diagnosis.
A psychologist or counsellor who is knowledgeable about cancer care and support is the partner of choice for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, as well as for their friends and family. The therapist will help people to understand the impacts of a cancer diagnosis and the treatments. A psychologist will ensure that you have all the emotional tools required to handle the challenges on the road to recovery.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers cancer care and support therapy to address your emotional issues related to cancer, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Video counselling has grown in popularity, as it offers more affordable and convenient therapy for people who would otherwise have difficulty travelling to a therapist. Also, it offers more flexible counselling hours and is not geographically bound.
IMPORTANT: When accessing video counselling make sure you are comfortable with what your counsellor tells you about the security and safety of what they are using to connect with you. It is their responsibility to make sure your call is secure and private.
Instead of visiting a therapist's offices, Video counselling allows you to connect with your therapist from your own home, or wherever you are. This means that, even if you're travelling for business, you can meet with your therapist, without missing an appointment.
Video counselling works well for many types of psychological intervention, including relationship issues, stress and anxiety, depression, phobias, family counselling and more.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Video counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Cancer Care and Support filterCancer Care and Support
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Caregiver Support (1)Apply Caregiver Support filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Video Counselling filterVideo Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (1)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Focusing (1)Apply Focusing filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter