Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual Transpersonal
Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
The area of abuse counselling includes both physical, emotional and sexual abuse therapy effectively conducted in a safe and caring environment. While not visible on the outside, emotional abuse is also a form of assault which, if left untreated, can leave lifelong emotional scars. Abusers often use intimidation to create guilt and fear to make the victim feel ashamed and isolated from other people.
● The symptoms of physical abuse are usually the easiest to see, with victims making excuses for scars and bruises.
● Children who are sexually abused will often have an age-inappropriate knowledge of sexuality and may even suffer from sexualy transmitted diseases, or pregnancy.
● Emotional abuse often goes hand-in-hand with either sexual, and or physical abuse. The victim will usually display a poor self-esteem, anxiety, withdrawal from social interactions, lack of trust, pessimism, and suicide attempts, to name but a few.
Abuse is often carried through generations, causing victims to become abusers, too. However, abuse can be stopped.
Therapists in this directory use a range of approaches to address abuse victims to deal with their fears, anxiety and feelings of shame. They can also help perpetrators to put an end to the abuse. Psychologists and counsellors utilize a variety of approaches to help victims heal from sexual, emotional or physical abuse. Couples, group and family therapy can often be helpful.
If you need a counsellor or psychologist to help you address the effects of abuse, you can search through the list of names below to find a professional with the approach best suited to your situation.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filterAbuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (3)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (3)Apply Depression filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Pets (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Pets filter
- LGBTQ Issues (2)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (2)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (3)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (3)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (2)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Transpersonal filterTranspersonal
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Developmental (1)Apply Developmental filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (2)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (2)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (3)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Telephone Counselling (2)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) (1)Apply Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter