Family Issues Telephone Counselling
Family and Systemic Psychotherapy uses the close interpersonal relationships between family members to help one another. The key to dealing with family issues is to help couples, family members or siblings to explore difficult emotions and thoughts in a safe manner. It helps each member to understand and acknowledge one another's emotions and allow them to express it safely, and in an effective manner.
Family therapy has been shown to be effective for people of all ages who are experiencing family issues or problems in their key systems (relationships) with people with whom they are close. It helps to build relationships and boosts the strengths and self-esteem of everyone in the system. Your family might need intervention if members have substance abuse problems, violent outbursts, if the family experienced a trauma, if a close family member died or if the family is not functioning at its normal capacity.
This type of therapy enables people to work with one another, instead of on one another and enables families to talk about issues that are causing distress without disrespecting emotions. Instead, it invites engagement of the family members in order to support recovery.
Therapists who address family issues use a range of different approaches to bring about the best results. While group therapy will probably take place once weekly, where the family will all meet with the therapist, individual sessions might be required too. This provides a great supplement to the family therapy work and is an ideal place for individuals to express their personal family issues that are hard to discuss in front of everyone.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who does family counselling you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Telephone Counselling can be an excellent solution for people with busy schedules. Many therapists now offer talking therapies via Telephone Counselling and online video sessions, to make counselling more readily available and more affordable to more people.
Telephone Counselling typically uses talking therapy as an approach, which is ideal for people dealing with negative mindsets and emotions, as it can help them make positive changes.
While therapies are divided into a different types, therapists will often find models that work best for their clients, based on their own personal styles. Therapists also combine approaches for best results.
If you have trouble getting an appointment with a local therapist, or if you can't meet up with someone on a regular basis, consider Telephone Counselling.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Telephone Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Family Issues filterFamily Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (3)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Workplace Issues (2)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Telephone Counselling filterTelephone Counselling
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (2)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (2)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy (1)Apply Developmental Needs Meeting Therapy filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Jungian Psychotherapy (1)Apply Jungian Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (3)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Process Work (1)Apply Process Work filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) (1)Apply Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter