LGBTQ Issues Spiritual Counselling
Counselling for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer individuals makes the transition to living true to yourself easier. While acceptance of GLBTQ people is on the rise, it can still be stressful for some. Speaking to someone about your fears and struggles can make the transition easier.
While GLBTQ people are more easily accepted than years ago, there are still some homophobic elements that discriminate against the movement and people who form part of it.
Despite the strides made in public acceptance by the GLBTQ community, they still face many issues that require psychological or counselling intervention. Depression caused by discrimination is one of the main issues that counselling addresses, as well as religious abuse, homophobic work and living conditions, self-destructive behavior, assault, and family estrangement or rejection.
HIV and AIDS issues are serious concerns faced by gay people who might be in denial and practice unsafe sex. Some people will develop anxiety about being tested, and coping with results, while others might face the trauma of caring for a loved one with AIDS.
In the past, GLBTQ counselling was not as freely available as it is today, but the demand has risen as the community realised that it offers a safe and non-judgmental environment for people to get help. Today, counselling helps thousands of people to live freely and healthily without a fear of judgment, through specific support services and counselling that helps Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer people as well as their friends and families to live harmoniously.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with the GLBTQ commuity you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Spiritual Counselling incorporates the different uses and understandings of spirituality that are in use today. In Spiritual Counselling, the word spirit refers to the essence of living.
Some people see spirituality as a set of rituals or traditions, while others follow a different faith. These beliefs are handed down from previous generations, or in some cases, people are drawn to a religion.
Spiritual Counselling encompasses all of that, as well as a person's personal well-being and that of other people. It incorporates beliefs, values, associations, arts, culture, worship, meditation and purpose. Therapists use Spiritual Counselling to help clients to connect with their own spiritual beliefs and communities. They will also point out issues where spiritual beliefs, relationships or practices might be contradicting values, beliefs or goals.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Spiritual Counselling, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove LGBTQ Issues filterLGBTQ Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Spiritual Counselling filterSpiritual Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter