Obesity Somatic Experiencing
Obesity is a silent killer and an epidemic that is growing at alarming rate. Someone who is obese will have more body fat than the average person and is at risk of contracting a range of lifestyle conditions, including heart problems, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Many obese people find it nearly impossible to lose weight, no matter what they do. They often end up on the yo-yo dieting cycle, where they would lose some weight on each new fad diet, just to regain double as soon as they stop the diet. Scientists have proven again and again that the only formula for successful weight loss and permanent maintenance of your ideal weight is to burn more calories than you consume.
The main reasons for obesity in healthy individuals is binge eating, and snacking when they are not really hungry. Emotional eating is very common too and many people with obesity issues tend to eat when they are stressed, happy or bored.
If there is no medical reason for your obesity, you should consider speaking to a therapist. Therapy from a psychologist or counsellors who is experienced in obesity-related issues will help you to explore the emotional blockages that stop you from losing weight. A range of therapy approaches will be used help you to establish the factors that cause you to over-eat and help you to find ways to better manage your emotions. Your therapist will help you set goals for your psychological and physical health to ensure that once you have lost all your weight, you can maintain it and feel good about yourself.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers counselling approaches to address your obesity issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Obesity filterObesity
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Weight Loss (1)Apply Weight Loss filter
- (-) Remove Somatic Experiencing filterSomatic Experiencing
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brainspotting (1)Apply Brainspotting filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Shame Counselling & Therapy (1)Apply Shame Counselling & Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter