Men's Issues Somatic Experiencing
For centuries, men were defined as warriors who were responsible for providing and protecting their families, tribes and communities. Those restraining limitations that were imposed by cultural traditions limited men as far as emotions are concerned.However, modern psychology has rediscovered the differences between men and women and the role of male emotions, relationship dynamics and behaviour in men's issues.
The expectations and demands of our new modern world result in increasing stress levels, often related to relationships and work. Symptoms of male issues that are commonly seen in therapists' offices, include stress, anger, addiction, depression, relationship issues, and work adjustment issues.
A large percentage of men feel that they are inadequate in relationships and at work, and this leads to negative emotional states, shame and fear. These emotions usually stem from negative messages at home and at work. It is harder than ever for men to fulfill their traditional roles, as being the sole bread winner is unrealistic in today's economy, and more men are staying home while women are sole breadwinners.
Traditional roles, particularly in men who were predominantly raised by women, dictate that men are not supposed to show certain emotions. Men who feel the need for nurturance, feel ashamed at their display of emotion and vulnerability. If he experienced childhood abuse, or was raised by an overprotective mother, he may become excessively angry or hurt at perceived criticism, complaints or insults.
Men often perceive asking for help as shameful, or a sign of weakness. Therapy for men's issues was designed for men to vocally express their problems, in individual counselling, couples counselling or group therapy settings.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers men's issues to help with your stress and related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Men's Issues filterMen's Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (4)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (5)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (2)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Bullying - School (1)Apply Bullying - School filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (2)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (2)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (3)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (2)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Geriatric Issues and Counselling (1)Apply Geriatric Issues and Counselling filter
- Grief and Loss - General (3)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (4)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (1)Apply Narcissistic Personality Disorder filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Obesity (1)Apply Obesity filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1)Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (2)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (3)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Racial Identity (2)Apply Racial Identity filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (3)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (3)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Weight Loss (1)Apply Weight Loss filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Somatic Experiencing filterSomatic Experiencing
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (3)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (2)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brainspotting (1)Apply Brainspotting filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (4)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (2)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (4)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (2)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Family Systems (2)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (2)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR) (1)Apply Life Stress Reduction (LSR) filter
- Mindfulness approaches (4)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (5)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychoanalytic Therapy (1)Apply Psychoanalytic Therapy filter
- Sex Therapy (2)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Shame Counselling & Therapy (2)Apply Shame Counselling & Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter