Family Conflict Somatic Experiencing
Family conflict is very common in society today, but it also hurts. Family should be your closest friends and loved ones; the people with whom you can share anything and feel the most comfortable to be around. Family should be able to count on one another and support one another.
However, for many people around the world, the last people they are prepared to turn to in times of trouble, is their families. Many people see their families as a source of stress, misunderstanding, disconnect and anger. The only consistent feedback is dramatic arguments, unmet expectations, and emotional hurt.
It is not only dysfunctional families that have conflict. Even the closest of families don't have perfect relationships all the time; they also experience family conflict from time to time and it can be hurtful, frustrating and challenging. Family conflict presents as little irritations that grow to buried resentments to anger and dramatic arguments. Conflict with those people with whom we are so close, the people who know us so well, can bring up intense emotions.
Family dynamics are not always harmonious, particularly when people all live together in the same house can present a range of challenges for the whole family unit. It becomes more complicated when extended family becomes involved. Even if only two people are in conflict, the whole family can be affected. If more people are having relationship problems, the unit can unravel quickly.
While therapists take different approaches to dealing with family conflict, it is good to know that they share a common goal and that is to heal family conflicts through enabling better verbal and nonverbal communication, and dealing with individual issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers professional therapies or counselling to address your family conflict issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Family Conflict filterFamily Conflict
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (5)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (2)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (6)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1)Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1)Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Caregiver Support (1)Apply Caregiver Support filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Death and Dying (2)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (5)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (3)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Issues (3)Apply Family Issues filter
- Family Violence (1)Apply Family Violence filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (3)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- Life Transitions (4)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Personal Growth (3)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Suicide Bereavement (1)Apply Suicide Bereavement filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (5)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (2)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Somatic Experiencing filterSomatic Experiencing
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (2)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (2)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (4)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (2)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Family Systems (3)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Imago Relationship Therapy (1)Apply Imago Relationship Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (2)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Jungian Psychotherapy (1)Apply Jungian Psychotherapy filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (3)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (3)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Narrative Therapy (4)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (5)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Process Work (1)Apply Process Work filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (2)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (1)Apply Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (3)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (2)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Video Counselling (3)Apply Video Counselling filter