Counselling White Rock - Depression Somatic Experiencing, Psychologists, Therapists in White Rock
Counselling White Rock contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the White Rock area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise.
White Rock consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Semiahmoo Bay, Crescent Beach, Ocean Park, Morgan Creek, Elgin Park, Chantrell
These White Rock counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Explore the information within the counselling listings for White Rock to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for White Rock to unselect it and choose another city.
Depression is the most common psychological condition, and most people experience it at one point or another in their lives.
Symptoms of depression include lethargy, low self esteem, a feeling of sadness, helplessness, hopelessness, anxiety, dysphoric mood and even suicidal thoughts. People who are depressed usually feel a lack of energy and a lack of pleasure and they may be agitated or irritable.
Since there are so many causes to depression, which boils down to a natural response to life experiences (a defence mechanism), each situation warrants a thorough investigation into the exact catalyst. Depending on what causes a specific incidence of depression, a treatment plan can be developed to help the individual deal with his or her emotions.
Some people are predisposed to depression in that it can run in the family. In many cases, it is learned when someone is constantly exposed to it.
Counselling can help a person to adapt to life changes that are causing grief, particularly with bereavement or marital issues. Systemic therapy is helpful in family therapy, where the efforts of the whole family can help the individual. Psychodynamic therapy helps a person to find the hidden psychological defences that cause problems to manifest. Cognitive behavioral therapy focuses on the problem at hand, providing solutions to day-to-day issues and finding ways to restructure negative thought patterns.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who has training and experience in depression counselling you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove White Rock filterWhite Rock
- Bowen Island (1)Apply Bowen Island filter
- Burnaby (3)Apply Burnaby filter
- Coquitlam (7)Apply Coquitlam filter
- Duncan (1)Apply Duncan filter
- Kelowna (1)Apply Kelowna filter
- Langley (3)Apply Langley filter
- Maple Ridge (1)Apply Maple Ridge filter
- Nanaimo (2)Apply Nanaimo filter
- Nelson (1)Apply Nelson filter
- New Westminster (1)Apply New Westminster filter
- North Vancouver (3)Apply North Vancouver filter
- Parksville (1)Apply Parksville filter
- Port Coquitlam (1)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Port Moody (2)Apply Port Moody filter
- Sunshine Coast (1)Apply Sunshine Coast filter
- Surrey (5)Apply Surrey filter
- Vancouver (25)Apply Vancouver filter
- Victoria (7)Apply Victoria filter
- (-) Remove Depression filterDepression
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter