Marriage and/or Relationship Issues Sex Therapy
Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
Entering into a relationship means merging your life with another person, understanding his or her flaws, quirks and beliefs. With marriage rates declining and divorce statistics set at 50%, it is clear that people are increasingly challenged by marriage and relationship issues, and many lack effective ways to address them. So how can we bridge the gap to understanding our partners better and enjoying romantic bliss?
Many factors affect the interpersonal relationship between two partners who are a couple and sometimes it's hard to see the cause of conflict or friction in a relationship. While some people find divorce to be the best or only option, other people speak to counsellors and psychologists in a bid to try salvage the relationship.
Signs that indicate a need for couples counselling include poor communication in a relationship, affairs, living past one another, inability to resolve marriage of couples' issues, and acting out negative feelings. When divorce seems like the only option, or if a couple is staying together for the kids' sake, that's a sure sign that therapy is needed.
Therapists do not necessarily believe that all marriages can be salvaged, but counselling can often help even some of the most challenged relationships. Through talk therapy, the couple will discover again why they fell in love and what they can do to get back to that place in their marriage. They use a range of effective, proven methods to help couples in any situation to restore intimacy and move past the hurt and wounds to a safe and comfortable place.
The concrete tools used by marriage therapists provide guidance in a supportive and encouraging setting and empower clients to restructure their thoughts and emotions. It helps the couple to work with each other, instead of on one another, helping each individual to find the person he or she is at the core level and to build a happy union.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with couples you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Sex Therapy addresses an important aspect of life and committed relationships. Issues that are directly and indirectly related to sexuality can be addressed through Sex Therapy.
Sessions will involve talking about sex and related difficulties that bring people to a therapist, or that come up during the course of counselling.
Many issues can be addressed during Sex Therapy, including sexual addiction, lack of libido, sexual anxiety, gender issues, undesirable impulses and compulsions, body image issues, promiscuity, loneliness, and relationship issues. Therapists see people who are in recovery from sexual assault or sexual abuse all the time, and offer a safe and secure relationship in which to heal. Couples who have imbalanced or conflicting sexual desires can use Sex Therapy as a tool to find common ground or to learn coping mechanisms.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Sex Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filterMarriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Sex Therapy filterSex Therapy
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter