Sensorimotor Psychotherapy has been rated as a highly effective therapy for treating PTSD, emotional reactivity disorders and dissociation, even in cases where people have been unable to successfully heal with other approaches. In cases of severe trauma, people are sometimes unable to access their cognitive processing centres indirectly, have found relief through Sensorimotor Psychotherapy which accesses it directly.
Somatic healing addresses the physiological elements of a traumatic experience. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy combines cognitive processing mechanisms with the emotional mechanisms to deal with traumatic situations.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy therapists guide clients through a physical healing journey where the client uses his or her own body as a resource for recovery. It offers a dynamic, elegant and fluid body therapy which allows clients to draw wisdom from their inner strength and knowledge for effective relief.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1)Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Self Harming Practices (1)Apply Self Harming Practices filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filterSensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (2)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Divorce Mediation (1)Apply Divorce Mediation filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (2)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter