Counselling Vancouver - Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Vancouver
Counselling Vancouver contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Vancouver area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
These Vancouver counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Vancouver to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Vancouver to unselect it and choose another city.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy has been rated as a highly effective therapy for treating PTSD, emotional reactivity disorders and dissociation, even in cases where people have been unable to successfully heal with other approaches. In cases of severe trauma, people are sometimes unable to access their cognitive processing centres indirectly, have found relief through Sensorimotor Psychotherapy which accesses it directly.
Somatic healing addresses the physiological elements of a traumatic experience. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy combines cognitive processing mechanisms with the emotional mechanisms to deal with traumatic situations.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy therapists guide clients through a physical healing journey where the client uses his or her own body as a resource for recovery. It offers a dynamic, elegant and fluid body therapy which allows clients to draw wisdom from their inner strength and knowledge for effective relief.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filterSensorimotor Psychotherapy
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter