Sleep Difficulties-Children Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Sleep difficulties are common, as most people experience it from time to time. Parents who are concerned that their children might have sleep issues should start finding answers by speaking to their pediatricians, who can diagnose any problems.
There are a wide range of issues that can contribute to sleep difficulties and it is important to address those issues to ensure that children can avoid the side effects of poor sleep. A lack of sleep can contribute to behavioural issues, poor concentration at school, hyperactivity, impulse control issues and irritability. A child or teenager who is experiencing sleep difficulties can be cranky, sleepy and poor-performing at school and unhappy, irritable and moody at home. It can cause a lot of problems in the home and also at school. It is important to get help for you child's sleep difficulties as soon as possible, as it could be serious.
Some of the most common issues that contribute to sleep difficulties in children include night terrors, sleep walking, bedwetting, sleep-onset anxiety, obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and delayed sleep-phase syndrome. Some of these conditions are serious and require urgent treatment. The newest of the issues to affect sleep include difficulties disengaging for smartphone or computer communications.
After having excluded medical issues, a child psychologist who offers sleep difficulties can help your child to work with any emotional and psychological issues that stops him or her from enjoying a good night's rest. Many different approaches can be used during individual counselling sessions, while family therapy can help the whole family gain insight into the problem. The psychologist or counsellor can help each family member to help the child who is experiencing sleep difficulties.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers counselling approaches to address your child's sleep difficulties and issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Sleep Difficulties-Children filterSleep Difficulties-Children
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (2)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Bullying - School (1)Apply Bullying - School filter
- Child Behaviour (2)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (2)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Neurodiversity (2)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Parenting Issues (2)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (2)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (2)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Developmental (1)Apply Developmental filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (2)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (2)Apply Play Therapy filter