Perfectionism Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Perfectionism is considered as a personality trait among many mental health practitioners. Perfectionists tend to view projects or tasks that are not perfect done, as unworthy. Unless they know that they can do something perfectly, they are unlikely to take it on. They tend not to care much about the learning process while completing a task, but rather about the end project, which, for them, is the most important aspect of any project they undertake.
Procrastination is a great obstacle with people who are perfectionists. They usually don't want to start a task until they are sure that they can do it perfectly. It's common for them to spend an enormous amount of time on a project, making sure that it is done to perfection. Yet, perfectionism prevents these people from appreciating a job well done. Instead, they don't believe that anything they do is good enough and they constantly compare their results with that of other people. They become fixated on achieving perfection.
There is a correlation between perfectionism and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and some perfectionists also have OCD. However, not all people with OCD are perfectionists. While most people with an ambition to succeed and therefore strive to excel in their pursuits, they are not necessarily perfectionists.
Therapy can be very helpful in treating perfectionism. Therapy will help the individual to reframe their thinking to change the end goal of his or her undertakings. A therapist may often help perfectionists recognize that some of the most successful people are not perfectionists at all.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers therapies to address your perfectionism or OCD issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Perfectionism filterPerfectionism
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (2)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (3)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (3)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (1)Apply Narcissistic Personality Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1)Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Parenting Issues (2)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (3)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (2)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (3)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (2)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Family Systems (2)Apply Family Systems filter
- Focusing (1)Apply Focusing filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Imago Relationship Therapy (1)Apply Imago Relationship Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (2)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR) (1)Apply Life Stress Reduction (LSR) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Pain Management (1)Apply Pain Management filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (2)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Somatic Transformation (1)Apply Somatic Transformation filter