Counselling Coquitlam - Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Coquitlam
Counselling Coquitlam contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Coquitlam area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Coquitlam consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Austin Heights, Cape Horn, Cariboo/Burquitlam, Central Coquitlam, Eagle Ridge, Hockaday/Nestor, Maillardville, Northeast Coquitlam, Ranch Park, River Heights, Town Centre, Westwood Plateau
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Coquitlam to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Coquitlam to unselect it and choose another city.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), Visualization
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Visualization uses the client's ability to access his or her emotions through subtle relaxation. It allows the client to focus directly on belief systems and issues by circumventing the brain, which usually acts as a censor.
Visualization utilizes imagery, which the mind recognizes subconsciously to deal with obstacles and challenges in the client's behaviour. The process also activates the physical body's restorative processes and healing powers.
During Visualization therapy, the client is guided to develop an image of something he or she wishes to achieve. The imagery provides direction, helping people to form a visual compass that will guide them toward healing.
Visualization is a helpful tool for people facing difficult situations, or those who wish to achieve certain physical, emotional or financial goals.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Visualization, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- (-) Remove Visualization filterVisualization
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relaxation Therapy (1)Apply Relaxation Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter