Life Transitions School Psychology
Life transitions can be rewarding, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily easy. Change usually comes with mixed emotions, challenges and stress. It's natural to feel anxious, confused, unsettled and fatigued, no matter how you have looked forward to a change. While promotions at work can be positive and exciting, there are also negative transitions that could make you feel hopeless and negative, anxious and unable to see the solutions to the inevitable problems you face.
Some of the common transitions that people face include moving house, divorce, remarriage, empty nest syndrome, concerns about aging, adjusting to a new job, illness, or death of a loved one.
During periods of transitions, it's common for emotions from some of your past experiences to be triggered, which can make the current situation feel so much worse. That's when confusion takes over, leaving you feeling out of control and confused.
Transition counselling can help you deal with your life changes and the emotions that you are feeling in a safe and effective manner. You will be able to find the root causes of your reactions and you will be able to face the changes head on. You may even be able to push past your self-imposed limits to broaden your horizons and find a strong, new you.
You will gain clarity and understanding, as well as self-confidence to help you feel more grounded and you will develop a sense of purpose in your life. Transition therapy has helped hundreds of thousands of people to come to terms with difficult issues in life and you can too.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses transitions, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
School Psychology is the treatment of children in a school setup. It deals with the academic and behavioural aspects the children in the school environment.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder has become a major issue in schools and requires significant input to help manage teacher-student relationships. In addition to individual counseling, parent-child sessions will help improve parenting practices.
School psychology can improve many areas of a child's behaviour and functioning, both at school and at home. Therapy may include aspects for study skills improvement and enhanced communication, but mental health services also form an important part of school psychology. Trauma counselling is an essential part of dealing with tragedies that occurred in school, or in the community, as well as for children who are bullied at school or abused at home.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers School Psychology, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Life Transitions filterLife Transitions
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Vocational Assessment (1)Apply Vocational Assessment filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove School Psychology filterSchool Psychology
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter