Satir Therapy, or Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy (STST) deals with interactive and intrapsychic therapy elements. Unlike some other therapies, Satir Therapy is not limited to emotions, behaviour and cognition, but rather focuses on changes at the level of being, as well as the sensory experiences and behavioural changes.
The key to Satir Therapy is to help individuals discover a sense of peace and wholeness that comes from tapping into their personal universal desires when dealing with society and interpersonal relationships.
Only therapists with exceptional levels of congruence can offer Satir Therapy. They will provide skills development and resources during small group lectures or discussions. Clients will take part in structured exercises, skills practice, experiential learning, lectures and small group discussions.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Satir Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Satir Therapy filterSatir Therapy
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter