Counselling Coquitlam - Relaxation Therapy Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Coquitlam
Counselling Coquitlam contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Coquitlam area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Coquitlam consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Austin Heights, Cape Horn, Cariboo/Burquitlam, Central Coquitlam, Eagle Ridge, Hockaday/Nestor, Maillardville, Northeast Coquitlam, Ranch Park, River Heights, Town Centre, Westwood Plateau
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Coquitlam to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Coquitlam to unselect it and choose another city.
Relaxation Therapy, Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Relaxation Therapy, used therapeutically, relieves stress, manage symptoms of anxiety and improve sleep. Applied correctly and practiced frequently, relaxation therapy can improve a person's general well being.
The waking mind is constantly active, with thoughts swirling through it at an alarming rate. The mind remains active during sleep as well, and that is why people often wake up feeling tired. Restful sleep is needed for the mind to be relaxed and for the body to be healthy.
Relaxation therapy quiets the mind, allowing thoughts to flow smoothly, at a level rhythm that induces relaxation. A well-rested mind is rejuvenated, even while at sleep. Rest and relaxation improves overall health, boosts the immune system and helps the body to fight stress and anxiety to improve a person's quality of life.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Relaxation Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Relaxation Therapy filterRelaxation Therapy
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Somatic Approaches (1)Apply Somatic Approaches filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter