Psychodynamic Therapy, School Psychology
Psychodynamic Therapy can help clients to become aware of feelings of vulnerability that have been repressed from their conscious awareness. This approach is based on the theory that every person has an unconscious which stores vulnerable and painful emotions that are too deep to handle on a conscious level.
Psychodynamic Therapy addresses the defense mechanisms that have been developed. Defense mechanisms can sometimes do more harm than good. By resolving vulnerabilities such as repression and denial, painful emotions and memories can be processed in order for the defense mechanisms to be resolved, or reduced.
Therapists use a range of core principles in Psychodynamic Therapy, based on the client's needs. It will help the client to gain perspective while recognizing behaviours, actions, responses and character traits that can be transformed.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psychodynamic Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
School Psychology is the treatment of children in a school setup. It deals with the academic and behavioural aspects the children in the school environment.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder has become a major issue in schools and requires significant input to help manage teacher-student relationships. In addition to individual counseling, parent-child sessions will help improve parenting practices.
School psychology can improve many areas of a child's behaviour and functioning, both at school and at home. Therapy may include aspects for study skills improvement and enhanced communication, but mental health services also form an important part of school psychology. Trauma counselling is an essential part of dealing with tragedies that occurred in school, or in the community, as well as for children who are bullied at school or abused at home.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers School Psychology, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Vocational Assessment (1)Apply Vocational Assessment filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Psychodynamic Therapy filterPsychodynamic Therapy
- (-) Remove School Psychology filterSchool Psychology
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter