Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual Psychoanalytic Therapy
Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
The area of abuse counselling includes both physical, emotional and sexual abuse therapy effectively conducted in a safe and caring environment. While not visible on the outside, emotional abuse is also a form of assault which, if left untreated, can leave lifelong emotional scars. Abusers often use intimidation to create guilt and fear to make the victim feel ashamed and isolated from other people.
● The symptoms of physical abuse are usually the easiest to see, with victims making excuses for scars and bruises.
● Children who are sexually abused will often have an age-inappropriate knowledge of sexuality and may even suffer from sexualy transmitted diseases, or pregnancy.
● Emotional abuse often goes hand-in-hand with either sexual, and or physical abuse. The victim will usually display a poor self-esteem, anxiety, withdrawal from social interactions, lack of trust, pessimism, and suicide attempts, to name but a few.
Abuse is often carried through generations, causing victims to become abusers, too. However, abuse can be stopped.
Therapists in this directory use a range of approaches to address abuse victims to deal with their fears, anxiety and feelings of shame. They can also help perpetrators to put an end to the abuse. Psychologists and counsellors utilize a variety of approaches to help victims heal from sexual, emotional or physical abuse. Couples, group and family therapy can often be helpful.
If you need a counsellor or psychologist to help you address the effects of abuse, you can search through the list of names below to find a professional with the approach best suited to your situation.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filterAbuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (2)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- (-) Remove Psychoanalytic Therapy filterPsychoanalytic Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Logotherapy (1)Apply Logotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (2)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter