Counselling Vancouver - Play Therapy - Cantonese LanguageCounsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Vancouver
Counselling Vancouver contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Vancouver area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
These Vancouver counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Vancouver to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Vancouver to unselect it and choose another city.
Play Therapy, Satir Therapy
Play therapy uses the client's internal self-healing mechanisms to access unconscious and conscious experiences. The therapist forms a relationship with the client and encourages him or her to explore life events that affect his or her current life experience.
During play therapy, the therapist works at the client's pace. Talking is secondary to play in this form of therapy, and as such the client is encouraged to play while the therapist observes.
Play Therapy is suitable for adults too, as it helps them to relearn self-exploration, which enhances physical and cognitive behaviours. Play therapy gives children and adults freedom, increased creativity and life experience.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Play Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Satir Therapy, or Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy (STST) deals with interactive and intrapsychic therapy elements. Unlike some other therapies, Satir Therapy is not limited to emotions, behaviour and cognition, but rather focuses on changes at the level of being, as well as the sensory experiences and behavioural changes.
The key to Satir Therapy is to help individuals discover a sense of peace and wholeness that comes from tapping into their personal universal desires when dealing with society and interpersonal relationships.
Only therapists with exceptional levels of congruence can offer Satir Therapy. They will provide skills development and resources during small group lectures or discussions. Clients will take part in structured exercises, skills practice, experiential learning, lectures and small group discussions.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Satir Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Finding a counsellor or psychologist that speaks your native language may be important to you. If you are looking for a counsellor who speaks Cantones then you will find one here.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Play Therapy filterPlay Therapy
- (-) Remove Satir Therapy filterSatir Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (1)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter