Sexuality Pain Management
Sexuality is an important part of society and relationships in particular. Issues with sexuality are usually an indication of more serious relationship problems. Sex should be a natural and healthy part of a committed relationship, but problems can crop up at any time.
One partner might use the frequency of sex as an indication of their value in the relationship and a measurement as to how much he or she is loved, while the other person values intimacy. Unsatisfactory sex might reveal the partners' deeper levels of control, love and trust, and highlight issues that need further exploration.
Many issues can cause unnecessary stress in a relationship, such as negative childhood attitudes to sexuality. Cultural pressures can also place undue demands on a couple. Traumatic sexual experiences can also emerge at any time.
A therapist can help a couple deal with sexuality issues, helping them to make their own rules regarding sex. They can explore issues with sexuality, such as cultural taboos and family myths, in a safe environment that is free from judgment.
Relationship counselling can help sexuality issues by helping the couple explore physical communication and allowing both partners to understand the meaning of sex within the bounds of the relationships. Power and control are two of the biggest issues with sexuality in a relationship, while sexual withdrawal is a way for one partner to express disappointment and anger, which are forbidden outside the bedroom.
These are just some of the myriad sexuality related issues that may cause problems in relationships, with which therapists could assist. Sexual dysfunction can be assisted through psychosexual therapy.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers sexual counselling and other sexuality issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Pain Management therapy addresses the psychological issues that are part of chronic pain. Most people don't realize just how common chronic pain and how much it is influenced by the context of our lives. Once medical conditions have been ruled out, pain management therapy can address the influences of unexpressed anger, grief, emotional overwhelm, anxiety, or depression.
Unexpressed emotions, desires or needs often affect pain levels.
Pain management psychotherapy can help a client to confront the pent-up emotions to provide short term and long term relief. In addition to the above physiotherapy and medication adjustments are typically really important as well - particularly when the pain is not malignant.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Pain Management, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Sexuality filterSexuality
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Bullying - Workplace (1)Apply Bullying - Workplace filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Obesity (1)Apply Obesity filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1)Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Suicide Bereavement (1)Apply Suicide Bereavement filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- (-) Remove Pain Management filterPain Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter