Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Relational Psychotherapy
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) deals with depressive symptoms and issues. This short term treatment of up to 20 weeks deals with the client's main symptoms during the initial sessions. During this stage the therapist helps the client to regain a semblance of functionality, which will facilitate healing. IPT allows for variations that can be incorporated into treatment of a range of other co-existing issues.
Depression usually impacts heavily on interpersonal relationships, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy measures the dynamics of these issues during the initial stages. Strengthened relationships can lend significant support during the process of recovery from depression.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Interpersonal Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Relational Psychotherapy assesses a client's psychic formation, which is the source of a person's interpersonal relationships and conflicts. A common therapy, Relational Psychotherapy focuses on the client's connection to other people.
When clients present with interpersonal relational distress, emotional or psychological issues, or chronic suffering, Relational Psychotherapy can be applied to help a person build and maintain emotionally satisfying relationships. An atmosphere that provides attentiveness and empathy will help the client commit to full disclosure of events and experiences.
A stronger sense of self confidence will arm the client with the tools and skills needed to create healthy, productive relationships with other people.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Relational Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Interpersonal Psychotherapy filterInterpersonal Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Relational Psychotherapy filterRelational Psychotherapy
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter