Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Psychodynamic Therapy
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) deals with depressive symptoms and issues. This short term treatment of up to 20 weeks deals with the client's main symptoms during the initial sessions. During this stage the therapist helps the client to regain a semblance of functionality, which will facilitate healing. IPT allows for variations that can be incorporated into treatment of a range of other co-existing issues.
Depression usually impacts heavily on interpersonal relationships, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy measures the dynamics of these issues during the initial stages. Strengthened relationships can lend significant support during the process of recovery from depression.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Interpersonal Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Psychodynamic Therapy can help clients to become aware of feelings of vulnerability that have been repressed from their conscious awareness. This approach is based on the theory that every person has an unconscious which stores vulnerable and painful emotions that are too deep to handle on a conscious level.
Psychodynamic Therapy addresses the defense mechanisms that have been developed. Defense mechanisms can sometimes do more harm than good. By resolving vulnerabilities such as repression and denial, painful emotions and memories can be processed in order for the defense mechanisms to be resolved, or reduced.
Therapists use a range of core principles in Psychodynamic Therapy, based on the client's needs. It will help the client to gain perspective while recognizing behaviours, actions, responses and character traits that can be transformed.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psychodynamic Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Interpersonal Psychotherapy filterInterpersonal Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Psychodynamic Therapy filterPsychodynamic Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Shame Counselling & Therapy (1)Apply Shame Counselling & Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter