Teen Adjustment Issues Integrative Psychotherapy
Teen Adjustment Issues
Teen adjustment issues start at a young age and can result in serious interpersonal problems at home and at school. It can affect the whole family, as well as friends and teachers. Teens today face incredible challenges and as parents it can be difficult to keep up with decisions healthy communication.
The scope of teen adjustment issues is wide, and ranges from dealing with new schools, ADHD and oppositional disorder, to gender identity problems, life skills, grief and loss, academic underachievement, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression and self-esteem. Peer pressure has always been a problem for teenagers, as has bullying.
At the same time, some parents are becoming less engaged with their children, while others are over-involved. It is becoming harder to find the balance and ways to handle their behaviours in a way that will encourage your teenagers to share their experiences with you. If your child is acting out and rebellious, you have lost control and it is time to get counselling.
Teen adjustment issues professionals can help your family to once again become a functioning unit where each member's needs are met in a healthy way. Many therapists have years of experience in working with teens of all ages and they commonly deal with teen adjustment issues, such as suicidal thoughts and attempts, drug use, self mutilation, and eating disorders, to name a few.
Counsellors provide a professional, yet safe and nurturing environment for teens to explore their issues and to help teens get back on track. Therapists can also help parents to find balance and create coping strategies and solutions for their children's teen adjustment issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers youth counselling to address your child's teen adjustment issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Integrative Psychotherapy covers the many different aspects of human behaviour and functioning. Interventions in integrative psychotherapy are based on the notion that no single approach is effective or even adequate for every client. Instead, each approach offers some perspective into an aspect of the client's behaviour.
In order to facilitate completeness, integrative psychotherapy aims to maximize a person's being on an interpersonal, intrapsychic and socio political level, while regarding the client's personal limits and constraints.
The therapist has to also commit to the process of integration. Integrative Psychotherapy therapists have an ethical obligation to immerse themselves in the field and to stay on the cutting edge of developments in the Integrative Psychotherapy field.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Integrative Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Teen Adjustment Issues filterTeen Adjustment Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (1)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Adolescent Issues (2)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (2)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Integrative Psychotherapy filterIntegrative Psychotherapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) (1)Apply Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (2)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psycho-Educational Groups (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Groups filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (2)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter