Hypnotherapy, Somatic Experiencing
Hypnosis uses the power of suggestion while the client is in a state of extreme relaxation to bring about significant transformations. Clinicians who offer hypnosis use it in different ways. Most commonly, clinicians encourage the individual to use their imagination, because visualization is a powerful tool. Imagery is used to symbolically manifest circumstances as they wish it to be.
Hypnosis allows for deep introspection, where it helps the client to discover unconscious motivations and intentions, as well as experiences that are responsible for undesirable reactions or symptoms.
By circumventing the client's conscious thought processes, hypnosis allows them better insight into issues. This deep insight into a his or her psyche can be the catalyst for dramatic change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Hypnosis, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Somatic Experiencing offers brief and holistic therapy for activating inner resources to resolve and heal emotional wounds. It can help clients to develop a level of calm and maintain productivity amidst traumatic experiences.
The human autonomic nervous system is the subject of Somatic Experiencing therapy, which helps the autonomic nervous system to regulate and balance itself after a traumatic experience.
Sessions for Somatic Experiencing are usually facilitated on a one-on-one basis and the client will track his or her emotions, which provides valuable information that the therapist can use.
Somatic Experiencing is a great tool for dealing with trauma, as well as tensions, and sexual concerns. SE is similar to EMDR which also integrates the physical body with the therapeutic process in order to gain insight and awareness.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Somatic Experiencing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Hypnotherapy filterHypnotherapy
- (-) Remove Somatic Experiencing filterSomatic Experiencing
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Imago Relationship Therapy (1)Apply Imago Relationship Therapy filter
- Jungian Psychotherapy (1)Apply Jungian Psychotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Process Work (1)Apply Process Work filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter