Group Therapy, Psycho-Educational Groups
Group Therapy is generally offered in a setting with a single therapist and a group of up to around twelve participants who share a common or related issue. Therapists sometimes suggest group therapy if a group format suits the person or the issue better, or if the treatment type has a group therapy aspect, such as art therapy or dialectical behaviour therapy.
By observing other people in group therapy, a person can receive helpful feedback from other group members. These varied perspectives can help to promote change and growth. Group therapy helps people to develop better coping methods by learning from others. By seeing how other group therapy members handle situations, people can follow their examples and grow from that.
Group therapy is generally more affordable and at the same time, it allows people to learn better social skills.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Group Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Psychoeducational Groups bring together different people who are experiencing similar issues, to share the therapeutic experience. Whether the therapy is for interpersonal relationships or shared issues, Psychoeducational Groups can help clients reach a variety of therapeutic outcomes.
During Psychoeducational Groups therapy, participants will discuss their issues with other parents who have similar issues. The group setting provides a supportive environment, and a sense of belonging.
Psychoeducational Groups provides participants with information and resources on specific topics. The groups are structured and provide specific modules or topics for discussion, with the intention to provide support for parents who are experiencing the same issues.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psycho-Educational Groups, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (1)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Group Therapy filterGroup Therapy
- (-) Remove Psycho-Educational Groups filterPsycho-Educational Groups
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) (1)Apply Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter