Group Therapy, Psycho-Educational Assessment
Group Therapy is generally offered in a setting with a single therapist and a group of up to around twelve participants who share a common or related issue. Therapists sometimes suggest group therapy if a group format suits the person or the issue better, or if the treatment type has a group therapy aspect, such as art therapy or dialectical behaviour therapy.
By observing other people in group therapy, a person can receive helpful feedback from other group members. These varied perspectives can help to promote change and growth. Group therapy helps people to develop better coping methods by learning from others. By seeing how other group therapy members handle situations, people can follow their examples and grow from that.
Group therapy is generally more affordable and at the same time, it allows people to learn better social skills.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Group Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Psycho-Educational Assessment involves psychological testing to analyse a child's mental processes that underlie his or her educational performance.
There are many approaches to Psycho-Educational Assessment, and some are more effective and accurate than others. These tests will determine whether learning disabilities or disorders are present in a child, while also testing the severity thereof. It is important for parents to understand how to interpret the test results.
Psycho-Educational Assessment can be a stressful stage both for the child and the parents, as the results can impact on the child's future. It is important to discuss the results with the child in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psycho-Educational Assessment, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (1)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Group Therapy filterGroup Therapy
- (-) Remove Psycho-Educational Assessment filterPsycho-Educational Assessment
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) (1)Apply Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) filter
- Psycho-Educational Groups (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Groups filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter