Suicide Ideation / Survivor Gestalt Therapy
Suicide Ideation / Survivor
** Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-SUICIDE if you or someone you know is at risk of suicide. **
Suicidal ideation includes any thoughts of potentially fatal self-harm, whether they are fleeting or well-formulated, and applies in the absence of actual suicide. While many people have faced suicidal ideation without having committed the act, many have in fact made attempts and some have succeeded.
People who face suicidal ideation often have many other psychological symptoms that lead them to this condition, including panic attacks, insomnia, anxiety, hopelessness and depression. However, not all people with mental or medical issues consider suicide, but all suicidal ideation incidents should receive urgent attention. Someone who experiences suicidal ideation may threaten to hurt or kill him or herself, make attempts to find ways to commit suicide; write or talk about their own death; seek revenge, feel unhappy or trapped, and engage in risky behaviors.
People with mood disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are at a higher risk for suicidal ideation, as are people with cancer and AIDS.
It is important for people with suicidal ideation to seek urgent help from an experienced counsellor or therapist. Psychotherapy has been found to be effective in helping people deal with issues of hopelessness. A professional counsellor will explore the circumstances that led to the suicidal ideation and help to restore hope to the client. It will help to resolve underlying causes of suicidal ideation and find coping strategies to curb impulses that lead to self-harm. Therapy will also help the client to reframe his or her perceptions and worldview.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers counselling approaches to address your suicidal ideation issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Gestalt Therapy helps clients to understand the connection between their physical bodies and emotional states. When a person understands their internal motivations, it is easier to understand the external behaviours and reactions. Gestalt Therapy can help a client to develop that awareness through self-discovery. It will empower a client to develop coping skills to help him or her through stressful situations.
Gestalt Therapy beliefs that we all have all the answers within us, and it can help us to develop a greater sense of acceptance, of ourselves and of other people. As such, Gestalt Therapy can help people to improve relationships, improve decision making and gain confidence. It is a useful approach for dealing with a range of psychological issues, including PTSD, addiction, anxiety, tension and depression.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Gestalt Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Suicide Ideation / Survivor filterSuicide Ideation / Survivor
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (2)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (2)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- LGBTQ Issues (2)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (2)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Obesity (1)Apply Obesity filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Professional Burnout (2)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sexuality (2)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation (1)Apply Transgender Identity and Adaptation filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Gestalt Therapy filterGestalt Therapy
- Adlerian Therapy (2)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (2)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (2)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (2)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter