Men's Issues Gestalt Therapy
For centuries, men were defined as warriors who were responsible for providing and protecting their families, tribes and communities. Those restraining limitations that were imposed by cultural traditions limited men as far as emotions are concerned.However, modern psychology has rediscovered the differences between men and women and the role of male emotions, relationship dynamics and behaviour in men's issues.
The expectations and demands of our new modern world result in increasing stress levels, often related to relationships and work. Symptoms of male issues that are commonly seen in therapists' offices, include stress, anger, addiction, depression, relationship issues, and work adjustment issues.
A large percentage of men feel that they are inadequate in relationships and at work, and this leads to negative emotional states, shame and fear. These emotions usually stem from negative messages at home and at work. It is harder than ever for men to fulfill their traditional roles, as being the sole bread winner is unrealistic in today's economy, and more men are staying home while women are sole breadwinners.
Traditional roles, particularly in men who were predominantly raised by women, dictate that men are not supposed to show certain emotions. Men who feel the need for nurturance, feel ashamed at their display of emotion and vulnerability. If he experienced childhood abuse, or was raised by an overprotective mother, he may become excessively angry or hurt at perceived criticism, complaints or insults.
Men often perceive asking for help as shameful, or a sign of weakness. Therapy for men's issues was designed for men to vocally express their problems, in individual counselling, couples counselling or group therapy settings.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers men's issues to help with your stress and related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Gestalt Therapy helps clients to understand the connection between their physical bodies and emotional states. When a person understands their internal motivations, it is easier to understand the external behaviours and reactions. Gestalt Therapy can help a client to develop that awareness through self-discovery. It will empower a client to develop coping skills to help him or her through stressful situations.
Gestalt Therapy beliefs that we all have all the answers within us, and it can help us to develop a greater sense of acceptance, of ourselves and of other people. As such, Gestalt Therapy can help people to improve relationships, improve decision making and gain confidence. It is a useful approach for dealing with a range of psychological issues, including PTSD, addiction, anxiety, tension and depression.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Gestalt Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Men's Issues filterMen's Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (2)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (2)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Obesity (1)Apply Obesity filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Pre-Marital Counselling (1)Apply Pre-Marital Counselling filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Gestalt Therapy filterGestalt Therapy
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter