Gestalt Therapy, Motivational Interviewing
Gestalt Therapy helps clients to understand the connection between their physical bodies and emotional states. When a person understands their internal motivations, it is easier to understand the external behaviours and reactions. Gestalt Therapy can help a client to develop that awareness through self-discovery. It will empower a client to develop coping skills to help him or her through stressful situations.
Gestalt Therapy beliefs that we all have all the answers within us, and it can help us to develop a greater sense of acceptance, of ourselves and of other people. As such, Gestalt Therapy can help people to improve relationships, improve decision making and gain confidence. It is a useful approach for dealing with a range of psychological issues, including PTSD, addiction, anxiety, tension and depression.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Gestalt Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Motivational Interviewing is a short term treatment approach, which is specifically aimed at strengthening the client's commitment for, and motivation to change. This approach is widely recognized and is used in a number of applications, including substance abuse, rehabilitation, social work, criminal justice, schools, coaching and in health promotion.
During a Motivational Interviewing session, the therapist will make sure that the client feels understood and supported. The therapist will also assure the client that his or her emotions are normal and expected, in anticipation of the great changes ahead. The key to Motivational Interviewing is to juxtapose the client's goals and behaviours that may stand in the way of success. Motivational Interviewing can help a client recognize behavioural issues that are not conducive to success.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Motivational Interviewing, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation (1)Apply Transgender Identity and Adaptation filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Gestalt Therapy filterGestalt Therapy
- (-) Remove Motivational Interviewing filterMotivational Interviewing
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter