Professional Burnout Feminist Psychotherapy
Professional burnout is becoming more common in people who have to carve careers in this competitive economy. While there are more and better opportunities for people to advance their careers, there are also more issues that add to stress in the workplace.
Typically, professional burnout is caused by issues such as endless tasks, under-employment, inadequate pay, difficult clients, bureaucracy, conflicting roles, and perfectionism. Some of the more difficult causes include deficits in emotional and social skills and conflicts between workplace and personal values.
A person who is dealing with professional burnout will usually feel extreme physical and emotional exhaustion, as the result of prolonged stressed. Cynicism and low levels of career satisfaction, or even indifference are common symptoms of professional burnout. People with professional burnout will struggle to concentrate and have poor problem solving abilities.
Professional burnout can cause a range of health problems as a result of chronic stress, and symptoms may include insomnia, headaches, and frequent colds. People often self-medicate and start using substances such as sleeping pills, alcohol, mood elevators or cigarettes, which pose more serious health risks.
A therapists who offers professional burnout will be able to help the person to identify issues that could lead to burnout. He or she will help identify stressors and find solutions, or even help you define the best career for you by using standardized tests that measure strengths and weaknesses.
Some careers predispose people to professional burnout, such as police officers, customer care consultants, lawyers, nurses, social workers and teachers. Emotional involvement in high stress environments make professional burnout prevalent in these professions.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers professional burnout counselling and other career-related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Feminist Psychotherapy acknowledges the innate differences between men and women, and the fact that typical male psychological approaches may not necessarily work for women. Men and women have different world-views too, and feminist psychotherapy recognizes them from a uniquely feminine perspective.
If a woman wants to reach her goals in the face of sexual bias, then feminist psychotherapy can help her address her issues that involve career, body image, relationships and past sexual abuse. By overcoming past experiences, a woman can learn to manage conflicting issues within relationships.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Feminist Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Professional Burnout filterProfessional Burnout
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (4)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Compassion Fatigue (3)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (3)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Pets (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Pets filter
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Prenatal filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (2)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Perfectionism (4)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (3)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (4)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (3)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- (-) Remove Feminist Psychotherapy filterFeminist Psychotherapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (2)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (2)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (2)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (4)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Narrative Therapy (2)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (3)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Response-Based Therapy (1)Apply Response-Based Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (3)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter