Feminist Psychotherapy, Psychodynamic Therapy
Feminist Psychotherapy acknowledges the innate differences between men and women, and the fact that typical male psychological approaches may not necessarily work for women. Men and women have different world-views too, and feminist psychotherapy recognizes them from a uniquely feminine perspective.
If a woman wants to reach her goals in the face of sexual bias, then feminist psychotherapy can help her address her issues that involve career, body image, relationships and past sexual abuse. By overcoming past experiences, a woman can learn to manage conflicting issues within relationships.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Feminist Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Psychodynamic Therapy can help clients to become aware of feelings of vulnerability that have been repressed from their conscious awareness. This approach is based on the theory that every person has an unconscious which stores vulnerable and painful emotions that are too deep to handle on a conscious level.
Psychodynamic Therapy addresses the defense mechanisms that have been developed. Defense mechanisms can sometimes do more harm than good. By resolving vulnerabilities such as repression and denial, painful emotions and memories can be processed in order for the defense mechanisms to be resolved, or reduced.
Therapists use a range of core principles in Psychodynamic Therapy, based on the client's needs. It will help the client to gain perspective while recognizing behaviours, actions, responses and character traits that can be transformed.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Psychodynamic Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Feminist Psychotherapy filterFeminist Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Psychodynamic Therapy filterPsychodynamic Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter