Family Therapy is different from family systems counselling in that it focuses on relationships within the immediate family unit. It can be used as a supplement to other forms of therapy, or it can be the primary treatment plan.
Family therapy sees the unit as a whole, rather than a group of individual member, and this approach can be used to meet a range of of therapeutic outcomes. Instead of focusing on a single family member, family therapy counsellors see individual and relationship problems as the result of issues within the family dynamics. The therapist will identify issues in the patterns that contribute to problems. He or she will then help the clients to work on verbal and nonverbal communication styles to help shift patterns and bring about positive change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Family Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Family Therapy filterFamily Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (1)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Psychoanalytic Therapy (1)Apply Psychoanalytic Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter