Professional Burnout Family Therapy
Professional burnout is becoming more common in people who have to carve careers in this competitive economy. While there are more and better opportunities for people to advance their careers, there are also more issues that add to stress in the workplace.
Typically, professional burnout is caused by issues such as endless tasks, under-employment, inadequate pay, difficult clients, bureaucracy, conflicting roles, and perfectionism. Some of the more difficult causes include deficits in emotional and social skills and conflicts between workplace and personal values.
A person who is dealing with professional burnout will usually feel extreme physical and emotional exhaustion, as the result of prolonged stressed. Cynicism and low levels of career satisfaction, or even indifference are common symptoms of professional burnout. People with professional burnout will struggle to concentrate and have poor problem solving abilities.
Professional burnout can cause a range of health problems as a result of chronic stress, and symptoms may include insomnia, headaches, and frequent colds. People often self-medicate and start using substances such as sleeping pills, alcohol, mood elevators or cigarettes, which pose more serious health risks.
A therapists who offers professional burnout will be able to help the person to identify issues that could lead to burnout. He or she will help identify stressors and find solutions, or even help you define the best career for you by using standardized tests that measure strengths and weaknesses.
Some careers predispose people to professional burnout, such as police officers, customer care consultants, lawyers, nurses, social workers and teachers. Emotional involvement in high stress environments make professional burnout prevalent in these professions.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers professional burnout counselling and other career-related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Family Therapy is different from family systems counselling in that it focuses on relationships within the immediate family unit. It can be used as a supplement to other forms of therapy, or it can be the primary treatment plan.
Family therapy sees the unit as a whole, rather than a group of individual member, and this approach can be used to meet a range of of therapeutic outcomes. Instead of focusing on a single family member, family therapy counsellors see individual and relationship problems as the result of issues within the family dynamics. The therapist will identify issues in the patterns that contribute to problems. He or she will then help the clients to work on verbal and nonverbal communication styles to help shift patterns and bring about positive change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Family Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Professional Burnout filterProfessional Burnout
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- (-) Remove Family Therapy filterFamily Therapy
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter