Family Therapy, Play Therapy
Family Therapy is different from family systems counselling in that it focuses on relationships within the immediate family unit. It can be used as a supplement to other forms of therapy, or it can be the primary treatment plan.
Family therapy sees the unit as a whole, rather than a group of individual member, and this approach can be used to meet a range of of therapeutic outcomes. Instead of focusing on a single family member, family therapy counsellors see individual and relationship problems as the result of issues within the family dynamics. The therapist will identify issues in the patterns that contribute to problems. He or she will then help the clients to work on verbal and nonverbal communication styles to help shift patterns and bring about positive change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Family Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Play therapy uses the client's internal self-healing mechanisms to access unconscious and conscious experiences. The therapist forms a relationship with the client and encourages him or her to explore life events that affect his or her current life experience.
During play therapy, the therapist works at the client's pace. Talking is secondary to play in this form of therapy, and as such the client is encouraged to play while the therapist observes.
Play Therapy is suitable for adults too, as it helps them to relearn self-exploration, which enhances physical and cognitive behaviours. Play therapy gives children and adults freedom, increased creativity and life experience.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Play Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Family Therapy filterFamily Therapy
- (-) Remove Play Therapy filterPlay Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (1)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter