Trauma Counselling Energy Psychotherapy
Trauma counselling can assist with a wide range of internal emotional reactions to devastating situations. Some people experience things as more traumatic than others, and therefore they will need help in coping the emotional burdens of an event or situation.
Stressful events such as death of a loved one, rape, abuse, accidents, divorce, violence or bullying can leave people unable to cope or process the emotional burdens. However, it is not only events linked to the individual personally, but also being a witness to events that might leave a person with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This includes being a victim to violence or natural disasters - there is no limit to the causes of trauma.
In the case of PTSD, people can develop many different psychological reactions, as determined by their own coping skills, emotional stability and background. Symptoms of PTSD include a anger, depression, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, social withdrawal, loss of self esteem and confidence, and substance abuse.
It takes a strong person to have the courage to stand up and request trauma counselling. This is no time to compare yourself to other people in similar situations, but rather to recognize that everyone has a different reaction to trauma. Therefore, it is important to address the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder as soon as possible to help you deal with emotions in a healthy way and to overcome the difficulties you are facing. Trauma counselling can help avert potentially more severe psychological disorders, that can occur if PTSD is left untreated.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who provides trauma counselling to address your posttraumatic stress management issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Energy Psychotherapy taps into the energy centres and pathways which form the invisible foundation and infrastructure of the body. These pathways are used to facilitate the complex interplay of the cells, thoughts and moods. By shifting the energies, a person can change their health and emotions for the better too.
Energy Psychotherapy uses and builds on conventional therapeutic models, such as qi gong, yoga and acupressure to initiate inner change. A therapist teaches the client to stimulate energy points on the skin surface in combination with psychological processes. Tapping the energy points can help to shift electrochemistry in the brain to overcome negative behaviours, habits and emotions.
Areas such as peak performance in sports, physical health, vocational guidance, education and psychotherapy can benefit from Energy Psychotherapy.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Energy Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Trauma Counselling filterTrauma Counselling
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Pets (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Pets filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Energy Psychotherapy filterEnergy Psychotherapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) (1)Apply Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter