Stress Management Energy Psychotherapy
While stress is a normal part of our modern, everyday lives, it can also have dramatic side effects. Chronic stress can lead to behavioral issues, such as drug abuse that can harm relationships. However, most commonly, chronic stress can affect a person's physical health in a number of ways. Many people avoid asking for help in coping with stress management, accepting it as a common hazard of today's fast-paced life.
Yes, at some point everyone suffers from challenges with stress management, but if at any point in time you feel like you have trouble handling it, it is time to get help. Signs that you are not coping with stress management includes a change in your sleeping or eating habits, feeling physically unwell (headaches, ulcers, frequent colds and flu), reduced productivity and decreased pleasure in activities you enjoyed before.
Stress is common when dealing with life changes or situations such as job losses, getting married, breakups or divorces, discrimination, parenting, moving house, death of a pet or loved one, being diagnosed with a serious medical condition.
Therapy can help you to better deal with stress management issues. Negative moods reduce the quality of several aspects of our lives, including productivity and interpersonal relationships. Through cognitive restructuring, negative thoughts can be challenged and rescripted to help you create a more positive mindset.
Stress can often cloud the validity of our interpretations of certain events and circumstances, and cognitive restructuring challenges those assumptions. In the case of invalid interpretations, the way we think about situations naturally changes, which has a positive effect on our moods and ability to handle stress better.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who will help you manage stress more effectively you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Energy Psychotherapy taps into the energy centres and pathways which form the invisible foundation and infrastructure of the body. These pathways are used to facilitate the complex interplay of the cells, thoughts and moods. By shifting the energies, a person can change their health and emotions for the better too.
Energy Psychotherapy uses and builds on conventional therapeutic models, such as qi gong, yoga and acupressure to initiate inner change. A therapist teaches the client to stimulate energy points on the skin surface in combination with psychological processes. Tapping the energy points can help to shift electrochemistry in the brain to overcome negative behaviours, habits and emotions.
Areas such as peak performance in sports, physical health, vocational guidance, education and psychotherapy can benefit from Energy Psychotherapy.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Energy Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Stress Management filterStress Management
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Depression (2)Apply Depression filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Pets (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Pets filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (2)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Energy Psychotherapy filterEnergy Psychotherapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (2)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Jungian Psychotherapy (1)Apply Jungian Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Transpersonal (2)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) (1)Apply Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter