Career Issues Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
If you are facing a career transition and feeling overwhelmed, don't think you are alone. Choosing a career, whether it's your first time around, or whether you've been working for twenty years, is not easy. However, thousands of people do that every year with the help of therapists who address career issues.
During tough economic times, it's even more difficult to settle on a career. Your dream career may not be the financially sound option.
If you question your career, it is time to see a good counsellor t who does career counselling. Your career counsellor will help you find the answers to these questions, and more:
Do I see my work as a job, or a career?
Do I enjoy the activities that I perform on a daily basis?
Does my career align with my personal values?
Am I playing to my strengths?
Do I have the qualifications to pursue my dream career?
Do I perform better alone, or in a group environment?
Am I able to delegate?
Do I have management skills?
Other career issues that may affect you psychologically could include sexual harassment, retrenchment, or discrimination in the workplace.
A therapist will help you deal with career issues using cognitive behavioural therapy to address limiting beliefs and attitudes, and find a career in which you can thrive. He or she can also help you to identify resources and develop skills to help you achieve your career objectives. The therapist will also help you to develop coping skills during career transitions, or when dealing with difficult career issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses career issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
Emotionally focused therapy (EFT) has helped couples and family members to treat distressed relationships, depression and a range of other emotional difficulties. It is one of the most common treatments used in private counselling and psychologist practices, training centres and hospital clinics around the world.
The main goal of Emotionally focused therapy is to create a secure bond between romantic partners and to reorganize and expand critical emotional responses. It helps to improve communication between partners, which is more beneficial to the relationship. EFT is a practical therapy that has been used successfully in relationships and marriages for many years, due to the fact that it creates a spirit of respect and harmony.
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy generally only lasts between six to twenty sessions and has been shown effective in 90% of relationships.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: Some practitioners practice Emotion Focused Therapy rather than Emotionally Focused therapy. You will want to confirm that it is indeed Emotionally Focused Therapy that the counsellor/psychologist practices.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Career Issues filterCareer Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filterEmotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter