LGBTQ Issues Drama Therapy
Counselling for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer individuals makes the transition to living true to yourself easier. While acceptance of GLBTQ people is on the rise, it can still be stressful for some. Speaking to someone about your fears and struggles can make the transition easier.
While GLBTQ people are more easily accepted than years ago, there are still some homophobic elements that discriminate against the movement and people who form part of it.
Despite the strides made in public acceptance by the GLBTQ community, they still face many issues that require psychological or counselling intervention. Depression caused by discrimination is one of the main issues that counselling addresses, as well as religious abuse, homophobic work and living conditions, self-destructive behavior, assault, and family estrangement or rejection.
HIV and AIDS issues are serious concerns faced by gay people who might be in denial and practice unsafe sex. Some people will develop anxiety about being tested, and coping with results, while others might face the trauma of caring for a loved one with AIDS.
In the past, GLBTQ counselling was not as freely available as it is today, but the demand has risen as the community realised that it offers a safe and non-judgmental environment for people to get help. Today, counselling helps thousands of people to live freely and healthily without a fear of judgment, through specific support services and counselling that helps Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer people as well as their friends and families to live harmoniously.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with the GLBTQ commuity you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Drama therapy provides a platform for clients to set goals, share their life stories, express their feelings and solve emotional problems. It is a great format for exploring personal experiences and to enhance interpersonal skills to strengthen their own life roles.
The therapist offers a safe and emotionally supportive environment where clients can perform psychological, social, and emotional change. It is a great forum for individuals to explore and address social issues, or emotional difficulties such as personal growth, anxiety and grief.
Drama therapy can be offered on an individual basis, or in a group setting. Many clients find it easier to express themselves through improvisation, stories, movement and drama than through talking directly about their issues.
Drama therapy is suitable for people of all ages who suffer from mental disabilities, behavioural problems, or mental issues.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Drama Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove LGBTQ Issues filterLGBTQ Issues
- Creativity (2)Apply Creativity filter
- Dreams (1)Apply Dreams filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Sexuality (2)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (2)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Drama Therapy filterDrama Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (2)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (2)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Jungian Psychotherapy (1)Apply Jungian Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Process Work (1)Apply Process Work filter
- Psychoanalytic Therapy (1)Apply Psychoanalytic Therapy filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter