Drama Therapy, Family Therapy
Drama therapy provides a platform for clients to set goals, share their life stories, express their feelings and solve emotional problems. It is a great format for exploring personal experiences and to enhance interpersonal skills to strengthen their own life roles.
The therapist offers a safe and emotionally supportive environment where clients can perform psychological, social, and emotional change. It is a great forum for individuals to explore and address social issues, or emotional difficulties such as personal growth, anxiety and grief.
Drama therapy can be offered on an individual basis, or in a group setting. Many clients find it easier to express themselves through improvisation, stories, movement and drama than through talking directly about their issues.
Drama therapy is suitable for people of all ages who suffer from mental disabilities, behavioural problems, or mental issues.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Drama Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Family Therapy is different from family systems counselling in that it focuses on relationships within the immediate family unit. It can be used as a supplement to other forms of therapy, or it can be the primary treatment plan.
Family therapy sees the unit as a whole, rather than a group of individual member, and this approach can be used to meet a range of of therapeutic outcomes. Instead of focusing on a single family member, family therapy counsellors see individual and relationship problems as the result of issues within the family dynamics. The therapist will identify issues in the patterns that contribute to problems. He or she will then help the clients to work on verbal and nonverbal communication styles to help shift patterns and bring about positive change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Family Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Drama Therapy filterDrama Therapy
- (-) Remove Family Therapy filterFamily Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter